A Virtual Bike Ride
Take a bike ride while immersing yourself in Basque culture and language
Road bike with Tasio – a young, energetic cyclist who grew up in the Basque country and was educated in the Basque language. He will teach you some Basque words as you cycle with him through this gorgeous region of Northern Spain. We will ride through the Valley of Lizoain and up to the summit of Mount Erro. Along the way Tasio will introduce you to the differences between Basque and Spanish names of the villages we ride through.
Learn a bit of Basque before you come
Have fun learning a bit of the language of the part of the world in which you are travelling in. Immerse yourself in the Basque language!
Travelling is one of the international joys of the world. Explore the world and have fun learning a bit of the language you are travelling in. this is a repeat of what you said above! It is said that the best way to learn a language is to immerse yourself in it. Unfortunately, not all of us can afford to spend months in a country where a different language is spoken. Don’t get discouraged, though. Thanks to the miracle of technology, and some human ingenuity, you can surround yourself with a new language anytime, anywhere.
There are multitudes of reasons for learning to speak the language of the country in which you are travelling if this is not your mother tongue. The most significant benefits include:
- You learn the cultural context of the language and its everyday use in ways not available through a textbook.
- The more you learn about the language and its use, the more you are able to immerse yourself in the culture that surrounds you, thus expanding your understanding of the people and their customs.
- You can meet new people, including fellow travelers who will study along with you.
- You can instantly reap the benefits of learning as you will be able to communicate more easily with the people around you. This is a fantastic motivation booster.
- Studies show that learning a new language produces a memory boost resulting from growth in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus, the areas in the brain responsible for memory. This is exercise for the brain – oh, so healthy!
Cycling Northern Spain
Cycling northern Spain is one of the most rewarding trips you can experience. Here are some of our suggestions for exploring this amazing region:
Flowing over with medieval beauty and transcendent history , the north of Spain is unlike anywhere else in the world. Following the Camino de Santiago on your bike is pure magic, a pure challenge, a pure joy.
The perfect combination of the best of cycling, gastronomy, culture, and refinement. Northern Spain Travel takes you road biking through Navarra and into the Basque Country with a final day on the coast in the elegant city of San Sebastian.